ACCOUNTING TECHNICIANS SCHEME OF WEST AFRICA (ATSWA)
The Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA) in pursuance of regional co-operation and integration and its commitment to strengthening and consolidating Accounting Standards and Practice has put in place the Accounting Technicians Scheme West Africa (ATSWA).
REQUIREMENT FOR REGISTRATION AS AN ATSWA STUDENT
- O level result: WAEC/NECO with Five (5) credits passes including English Language and Mathematics
- National Business and Technical Examination Board Certificate (NABTEB).
- Ordinary National Diploma(OND)
- National Certificate of Education (NCE).
Stages of ATSWA
ATSWA has three (3) stages. Below are the course offer in each stages
- Basic Accounting Processes and systems.
• Business Law.
• Communication skills
- Principles and Practice of Financial Accounting.
• Government Accounting.
• Quantitative Analysis.
• Information Technology.
• Preparation and audit of Financial Statements.
• Cost Accounting and Budgeting.
• Preparing Tax Computation and Returns.
Benefits of ATSWA
- ATSWA holder can use the certificate to work in any West Africa countries as it is recognized by employers
- ATSWA holder can use the certificate to gain direct entry admission into university and polytechnic in Nigeria
- He /She will be formally admitted as Associate Member of Association of Accounting Technicians Scheme and use the title AATWA after his/her names.
- He/She may proceed to enroll for the Professional examinations and will be granted some exemptions.
- Promotion opportunities for those who are already in employment
DURATION OF ATSWA
It takes 13 months to complete the three stages. ATSWA run two diets in a year, March Diet and September diet. For OND and NCE holders from institution accredited by ICAN, they will only pass through stage three (one diet). But O level holder will start from stage one to stage three which will be (three diets)
If you meet up with all the above requirements, then you can quickly start your ATSWA registration and lecture training by clicking here